Loss Prevention Agent
Center: Roosevelt Field®
Retailer: Banana Republic
Job Role: Security / Loss Prevention
Job Type: Part-Time
City: Garden City
Banana Republic - Loss Prevention Agent
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for protecting the assets of the company, including the employees through prevention, awareness, communication and deterrence. Responsible for making safe apprehensions through following the apprehension guidelines. Responsible for the timely training of all new hires on Loss Prevention policies and procedures. Work closely with store management to increase Loss Prevention awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses. Analyze trends and reports to influence training and awareness at designated locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Contribute to shortage reduction/ Investigations
• Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions.
• Audit compliance to physical security standards ( EAS, leather locks, doors, etc. )
• Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of LPM, LPS, DLPM, and or RLPM.
• Recover assets and / or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies.
• Audit compliance to company operational procedures.
2) Training and Development
• Participate in storewide and individual sales associate meetings; deliver training and awareness initiatives on a regular basis.
• Ensure Loss Prevention Awareness Center is current and up to date.
• Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Hotline, LP awareness center, etc.)
• Participate in the on boarding process of new hires.
3) Operations/ Safety
• Maintain in store complete case paperwork, and ensure completion in a timely manner.
• Work with management on ensuring operational compliance.
• Partner with management to ensure safe work environment.
• Train and audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency exits, evacuation procedure, etc.)
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Communicate daily activities to the Loss Prevention Manager/ Loss Prevention Supervisor / District Loss Prevention Manager / Regional Loss Prevention Manager and or the GM / Management team. Interfaces with Field /Corporate business partners (i.e. Human Resources, Legal, Operations and Employee Relations).
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Excellent communication, written and verbal.
• Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
• Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on the company apprehensions guidelines.
• General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems.
2) Minimum educational level:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
3) Minimum experience:
• 2 - 3 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
• State certification required, where applicable.
4) Physical Requirements:
• Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
• Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
• Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
• Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job.
How to Apply: www.jobs.gapinc.com
Retailer Contact: Banana Republic- Roosevelt Field Mall (516) 873-0452
Shawn Walbert- Loss Prevention Manager- Long Island: (516) 236-7584
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.