Furniture Sales Associate
Center: South Shore Plaza®
Job Role: Sales Associate
Job Type: Full-Time
Macy's-Furniture Sales Associate
Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment by demonstrating proficient use of proprietary devices and applications; proactively create enhanced shopping experiences through the heightened use of tools, technology and collaboration
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• No specific educational accomplishment is required.
• Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Able to use a calculator.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team;
• Must have good time management skills.
• This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
• Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Possess a strong sense of urgency.
• Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
Possess a thirst for learning.
• Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
• Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.