Center: Orland Square
Retailer: Banana Republic
Job Role: Sales Associate
Job Type: Part-Time
City: Orland Park
brand ambassador - banana republic
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Actively performs all role & responsibilities while demonstrating Brand Ambassador Characteristics & Core Skills
- Creates a positive, welcoming experience for customers (Joyful, Social and Approachable)
- Drives customer service and increases sales (In Service Mindset / Understands Fashion and Trends / Strong Communicator)
- Ensures that merchandise and store are easy to shop and accessible to customers (Decision Quality / Problem Solving)
- Contributes to a positive working environment (Respectful / Responsible / Team Oriented)
- Demonstrates a customer first mindset and is accessible at all times to ensure every customer has a great experience.
- Proactively demonstrates the power of yes, consistent with the service model training.
- Connects with customers by asking open-ended questions to assess customer needs and make relevant merchandise suggestions
- Educates our customers on our product, offers, promotions, Banana Republic Credit Card on the sales floor, in the fitting room and at the cash wrap.
- Speaks with knowledge and confidence to customers about styles, fit, fabrics and trends.
- Drives store sales by suggesting additional items to customers to meet their needs and wants.
- Assists customers in finding substitutions for out-of-stock items, or assists in finding those items in other locations.
- Processes transactions (alterations, holds, register) efficiently and accurately.
- Invites the customer to participate in the Customer Experience Survey.
- Demonstrates values and behaviors consistent with Gap Inc. culture.
- Maintains productivity by completing tasks such as board-folding merchandise, power-folding denim
- and chinos.
- Consistently provides support to fellow employees through sharing of knowledge, helping to complete a task or assisting in customer interactions.
- Promotes a safe working and shopping environment in order to maximize the customer shopping experience.
- Supports the store visual presentation by upholding standards throughout the day; some examples are folding, steaming and spot recovery.
- Completes any assignment directed by any leader / Leader On Duty (LOD) that would service the customer and achieve efficient store operation.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, including the Code of Business Conduct and the Employee Policy Guide.
- Follows all operational procedures (e.g. cash wrap, fitting rooms, loss prevention)
- Upholds data integrity guidelines when counting inventory, processing shipment and cashiering