PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide customers with a unique shopping experience by offering excellent customer service. Utilize effective selling techniques and provide in-depth product knowledge in a fast-paced, specialty retail environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide sincere, friendly and energetic customer service by exemplifying World-Class service standards.
· Achieve established sales and contest goals.
· Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions.
· Assist customers with special services including: gift wrap, gift registry, locating merchandise, catalog orders, special orders, back orders, charge sends, courier deliveries, and furniture orders.
· Utilize effective selling techniques to build multiple sales and increase productivity.
· Demonstrate comprehensive product knowledge, including features and benefits.
· Efficiently and accurately perform register transactions i.e., sales, returns, and exchanges.
· Assist in implementation and maintenance of visual merchandise presentation, signage and lighting.
· Uphold store maintenance and cleanliness standards.
· Straighten, clean and help maintain stockroom as needed.
· Process, ticket, and restock merchandise as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
· Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
· 1-2 years retail sales experience, (specialty retail preferred, but not required.)
· 1-2 years customer service experience.
· Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
· Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business. Casual associates must be available to work a minimum of three regularly scheduled shifts, one regularly scheduled shift during the weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday) and two regularly scheduled shifts during weekdays. Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
· Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
· Ability to operate POS system.
EDUCATION: High school diploma (or equivalent) preferred.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
**This position description is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and can be changed without notice**
DISCOVER YOUR POTENTIAL. DISCOVER SIMON.
COPYRIGHT ©1999-2014, SIMON PROPERTY GROUP, L.P. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.