Simon is a global leader in retail real estate ownership, management and development and an S&P 100 company (Simon Property Group, NYSE: SPG). Our industry-leading retail properties and investments across North America, Europe and Asia provide shopping experiences for millions of consumers every day and generate billions in annual retail sales. Our portfolio includes assets of national and international renown - proven assets that are the preferred location for retailers.
In addition to our high quality properties, Simon is also known for our strong balance sheet, a long-tenured and well-respected senior management team, and our innovative spirit, as reflected in a 50 + year history of successful retail real estate development, management, and leasing. Simon was named Fortune’s Most Admired Real Estate Company eight times in the last decade. Over the last two decades, we have experienced an explosion of growth and innovation unprecedented in the industry and we look forward to Simon's future.
- Largest U.S. Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT).
- Named Fortune's Most Admired Real Estate Company again in February 2017 - the eighth in the last decade.
- 50 year history of successful retail real estate development, leasing and management in the U.S.
- Industry leader producing historical growth through opportunistic acquisitions and property development and redevelopment.
- Named #1 CEO in real estate industry by Institutional Investor 2009-2017.
- More Properties. More Shoppers. More Business. We currently own or have an interest in more than 200 retail real estate properties in North America and Asia. We have a diverse portfolio mix fueling growth in key markets and platforms.
- Commitment to Sustainability. Recognized as the leading retail real estate company in North America for sustainability practices by The Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB); received GRESB 'Green Star' rating 2014-2016
- Industry Innovator. Simon has influenced the growth and direction of the industry since 1960: First to combine entertainment and retail to create "shopping destinations," first to use the "mall as a marketing medium" and first U.S. based mall company to expand internationally through investments.
- Simon Venture Group was formed in 2014 and leads the industry in making strategic investments in the future of retail. We're bringing the shopping experience to a whole new level, and shifting an industry while we're at it.
Simon Youth Foundation
Simon Youth Foundation (SYF) is a national nonprofit organization founded by Simon executives in 1998 to help at-risk students stay in school. It is Simon’s “charity of choice.” Primarily located in Simon Malls, Simon Youth Academies offer flexible arrangements for struggling students.
SYF maintains a 90% graduation rate at its academies and since its inception has graduated more than 1,000 students and awarded more than $1 million in scholarships annually. Each year, the Simon Youth Scholarships program also awards scholarships to high school students in every community that is home to a Simon Mall.
SYF organizes several events throughout the year for employees to participate in fund-raising. In 2015 alone, over $550,000 was raised by Simon employees, helping 500+ students graduate from high school.SUPPORT SYF
Simon has a longtime commitment to sustainability and has been widely recognized as a leader in the industry. At Simon, Sustainability is a business approach that embraces opportunities and minimizes risks in three key areas:
- Economic sustainability: ensuring that our assets are used in a more productive fashion which will promote the continued longevity of the business.
- Environmental sustainability: ensuring that our actions do not have a negative impact on the environment.
- Social sustainability: ensuring that our interactions with the communities that we serve facilitate an improved quality of life for its citizens.
For over a decade, Simon has demonstrated leadership in sustainability. We have implemented sustainability objectives across our property portfolio that have resulted in global recognition by CDP and Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark. We are committed to implementing sustainability initiatives across our portfolio of properties.
First & Best In Class
Simon is recognized as an Industry Innovator. We have influenced growth and direction since 1960, pioneering innovative, game-changing concepts across the retail real estate industry. From our humble beginnings managing one strip center to today’s global portfolio of over 200 properties, one constant has remained: the desire to be First and Best in Class.